Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Pirate Adventure With A Little Hide 'n Seek...

     Recently Addie's pretend play has really started to take off.  She loves to act out her favorite television shows and books.  I do have to disclose that this pretend play made me realize how much my child LOVES her shows and how much she remembers from them.  Her favorite character to pretend to be is Pirate Dora.  She collects all of her "friends" and places them on the stairs which is really a pirate ship in her imagination.  

Captain Addie and her crew ready to leave the port.

The next step is to get the "wheel" for the pirate ship.  She has designated one of Allie's dog toys as her helm.  

Addie turn the wheel, Turn the wheel Addie! 
"We have to get away from the rocks!"

Addie is always prepared because she always gets her picnic basket for the ride.

Captain Addie has to rescue her disobedient crew members who jump ship with her rope.  
Sometimes I think they might be trying to get away from their bossy captain!
The only thing about the crew being rescued is they cannot climb the rope so first mate mommy has to get off the ship and help rescue them about 567 times a day.

"Baby Jaguar is in the ocean... we have to save him!"

The other past time Addie is enjoying these days is Hide 'n Seek.
She comes and tells me to count and off she goes.  We still need to work on the rules and technique of hiding as the following pictures show.  I especially love when I am trying to "find" her I describe where I am looking, "Is she behind the door?"  and a little voice calls out "No, I am in the bed!"  You have to love the honesty of a two year old. 

Addie hiding in her bed.

Addie hiding under our bed.

She is getting a little better.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the chuckle. That picture of her hiding under your bed is PRICELESS.

    ReplyDelete