Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summertime July...



Well less than 12 hours of summer vacation left for 2012.  Today has been fun... making pancakes, playing outside with Addie and Drew.  Addie did some gardening and Drew played with his tractor and four wheeler.  I finished up some of my last minute "to-dos" and just enjoyed doing what I wanted to do.  So just as I promised, here is the run down of July...

1.)  My friend Janessa and Addie's future kindergarten teacher got married and we had a blast celebrating with her.


The photo booth was a blast... just look at what happens when a bunch of teachers get together.



2.)  The fourth of July was fun and low key.  Kyle and Drew visited the Farmer's Market and we had fried green tomatoes for lunch. 


After lunch, the kids had fun playing in the sprinkler.


That night, our Sunday School Class had a cookout.  The kids (and adults) were a little bummed because we could not shoot fireworks due to the dry weather.  100 degree heat and no rain for 4 weeks can make the county government... dang that county commission... do that.   Kyle tried to make up for the no fireworks by bringing some glow sticks for the kids.  He was a hit!







3.)  We made some sugar cookie dough one day when Addie and Drew boycotted the pool.






Addie even moved the baking upstairs to her kitchen.


4.)  Uncle Clint getting some practice taking care of a kid.

5.)  Drew went with Daddy to watch Spiderman.  Looking back it probably was not a good choice because the next three nights, Drew started climbing out of his crib repeatedly.


6.)  Addie got her 5 year old pics done.  I rushed to do this because my baby has two loose teeth already:(


7.)  Playground fun on a cloudy day.

8.)  We finally gave up on Drew sleeping in a crib.  He was black and blue from climbing out so much.  We figured if we were going to work this hard, we better work hard on a big boy bed.  

9.)  Summer Reading... 
 Addie and I read 24 books this summer together. 
That's pretty good for us.


10.)  Date Weekend for Kyle and I.  First a trip to Jackson..



Then a drive to Kingsport to visit dear friends...



11.)  Let the summer time blues begin...  I waited as long as I could but had to start.


12.)  Celebrated 9 years with my hubby and best friend.


13.)  Went to see Red, White, and Tuna with Kyle, Mom, and Dad for a date night.



14.)  Celebrated a wonderful lady's birthday... Happy birthday LiLi!




15.)  Afternoon sillies with my two loves...





16.)  Play date fun with the rising Kindergartners. 
We made Sharpie Tee-shirts.


17.)  Finally Checked off Addie's first dentist appointment.
She and my dad were amazing!




I still have some pics on my phone but I am ready to soak up the Olympics.
Here's to the 2012-2013 school year!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You managed to pack a LOT in one month - what FUN! Tell your mom "Happy Birthday" from the Martins.

    ReplyDelete