Monday, June 1, 2009

What A May!!!!

All I can say is the month of May was a blur of events and I am glad summer vacation is here. Between school, family events, home improvements, and just day to day life, last month was fun but a little bit stressful.  

The highlight of the month was Mother's Day for me.  I always tried to make the day special as a daughter for my mom but since becoming a mother the day has just become so much more.  I love being a mommy to my little girl.  I love seeing the world again through her eyes and discovering the little things in life with her.  We had a lovely day with family and friends.   


Addie Reese and me on my third Mother's Day.

Another May task was filling the flower pots for our front porch.  We definitely have a little green thumb in the making because Addie loves to work outside in the dirt.  We went to Lowe's and she picked out orange and white gerber daisys... already a UT girl and we are so proud!  Addie helped me scoop the dirt into the pots.  I think more hit the ground but it is a start.


Addie helping with Mommy's planter of ivy, impatients, and caladiums. 

The big project for the month of May was my birthday/mother's day present.... the master shower.  After five weeks of demo and hard work by Kyle, our great friend Richard, and Addie, the shower was finished.  I think the final tile count was around 900 pieces.  All I can say is that my husband rocks.  
We obviously do not have problems with child labor laws.  As an educator, I think this is an excellent fine motor skill.

The project completed... what a nice gift.

After all of the work was done around the house, we finally got to have some fun Memorial Day weekend.  We went to the River to visit Nene and Poppy.  This year, in stark contrast to last year, Addie loved riding on the boat.  She even tried to put on her life jacket by herself.  Last year, Addie hated ever single second of the boat ride.  Poppy even let her drive the boat, and honk the horn continuously, even as other boaters stared at us.  Addie spent Saturday night and Sunday night at the river with Nene and Poppy.  Other than being dinner for a few mosquitos, I think she had a blast.  Who wouldn't getting to eat all the ice cream, honey buns, and chicken nuggets they wanted.  But, that is exactly what grandparents are supposed to do.  But Kyle and I were glad to get her back home on Monday.  Boy oh boy, we were bored without her here for two days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys,
    Glad to see you had a good May. The shower looks great. If I get to build a house I'll have Kyle do the tile work for me:) We are enjoying the new place. Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete