Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summertime...







I once read on another blog about a mom who counted her children's summers down.  Sounds a little depressing but also puts things in perspective.  Addie has 12 more summers at home before she leaves our home and Drew has 15 more summers.  So what do I wish to do with those summers??  Soak up all of the goodness that makes for long days but short summers with my favorite people.  Now that we are in the school years... dance... soccer... gymnastics... and the other million things we do as a family, summertime is even more special to me. I love the no schedule, pool going, playground finding, daddy stopping by for lunch, summer night walks to get flowers, cartoon watching, cuddles on the sofa reading books, and much much more.  I hope Addie and Drew have enjoyed their summer because I know I have enjoyed mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment