Friday, November 11, 2011

Wish I was on Ole' Rocky Top...

Kyle and I took our little Addie Reese to visit Rocky Top a few weeks ago for homecoming. We thought Drew would be hard to handle... an understatement... in the stadium for a 7:00 kickoff so he went to Lexington to visit Ninnie and Poppy for the weekend. Addie was pretty excited to be an only child but only for a few moments. We were barely out of the Dickson city limits when she uttered the comment with tears welling up in her eyes, "I miss Drew." But we were back on track when we told her about the indoor swimming pool and the big bed that was just for her and her "friends" (yes only my child can get away with packing a whole trash bag of stuffed animals for a 48 hour trip)

Addie lining up her crew at the hotel.


Our little cheerleader doing her best toe touches on the bed.


Homecoming is always a great game to take the family to and the weather was perfect. It was a great fall day and the leaves around campus were beautiful. Kyle and I had a great time walking around telling Addie about our time at UT....


When we showed Addie the Humanities building and told her that is where we first met she asked, "What did you and Daddy have for snack on your first day of school?"


When I showed Addie Hess Hall (my first dorm), I told her that was my first home away from LiLi and Papa's house. She asked, "Who was your mommy? Who took care of you?"
I just love how she brings it back to her perspective of life... I on the other hand was thinking "Who did take care of me?" I was 18 and this will be Addie in 14 years... oh my!


Addie got to meet a real cheerleader. She was shy at first and did not like all of the attention but Brittney, the cheerleader, was nice and got Addie to warm up to her with her pom-poms.


Not that I am biased or anything but I think Addie could have won the cutest four year old cheerleader. Do the VOLS need a mascot cheerleader????


At least the stadium is nice because the football team??????


The Homecoming Banners. Addie liked this one because it had glitter on it.


Tailgating with Amanda and family...


Addie and the Pride of the Southland... Addie is all about the pageantry of college football but the actual game.... not so much. The band was not even off the field from the pregame show and she asked, "It is over?"


Mr. Bear's 2nd Trip to Neyland...


Our Half Time and 3rd quarter visit with Knox and crew...

Touchdown Tennessee!!!!




When we were walking back to the car,
Addie asked, "Do you think I will go to school here someday?"
My answer, "Only time will tell."

No comments:

Post a Comment