Sunday, August 14, 2011

Randomness and a ballgame...

The month of August is coming to a close. I guess it is just the teacher in me that makes me feel that August is the month that ushers in a new beginning
but at the same time is the month that seems to fly by.
Summer is over.
Swimming is just a Saturday pass time.
Homework is starting. Lunch boxes have to be filled. Fall is coming.
Football season is kicking off around small towns and college campuses.
And the Sanders family have been doing the everyday normal stuff.
I guess that's why I have not been posting much.

Since I do not have any pics of me this month, I will just say this month I have had a blast with some girls nights 1.) Going to the movies with LiLi and Kelli to see The Help... I am reading the book... this will take some time but I am going to do it. 2.) Painting night here yes I am blog hacking. 3.) Getting to catch up with this girl on the patio of the local coffee shop. I have also got back into the groove of the school gig this month. I think I can safely say we are settled and ready to go. With this being said, I find it amazing how much you forget about the beginning of the school year. I compare it with child birth and the newborn stage of parenting. God wipes the ugly parts away so you will do it again and again. The only thing about teaching is you have to do it thirty years to retire not so much for the child birth. So that has been my month.

This little girl has been loving preschool life! I do find it funny that my sweet little Addie Reese was the first child in her class to get her balloon taken from the cloud to the grass. How's that for the teacher's kid! What was the infraction you ask? Skipping and not stopping when the teacher told her to. Yes my child is what drives me nuts in my classroom. Addie has stayed on the cloud every day since which makes me happy. But just look at her...

Do you expect anything else from Addie?
She is learning her ABC's and writing her name better...
more Addison and not Abbison on her papers.
Her foot has also grown a size and a half in three months...
that is unheard of for this child.

Just a little rock painting after church.
This was the rock she swiped from the park's flower bed
after we rejected her request to by a bag full of "pretty" rocks from the gift shop.
The Dr. hat is from church... they were studying The Good Samaritan and Kindness.


What is Addie's newest past time?
Coloring. She cannot get enough of it.
She will sit and color 10 pages at a time.


Drew likes to color too...just not the paper.
He likes the feel of skin and clothes more.


As for Drew, he is just a little boy. Not a baby boy anymore.
This is how we find him in the morning now.


I just do not get how he does it.


Drew's new love...
He loves a lawnmower.
He is so cute watching Kyle mow the yard.
Drew follows him around the yard watching and waving.


Another of Drew's past times...
Throwing random items in the trash can.
I guess taking pictures of the behavior
is not great parenting but again
he is just too cute.


Play date fun with Miss Stella. We played dress up, tea party, and babies.
These girls are going to make awesome class officers someday.
They will team up and boss everybody around the week of Homecoming.


And finally some pics of a very hot night with our Sunday School Class. Of course my idea of going to the Nashville Sounds Game would fall on one of the hottest days of the summer. Nothing like sitting in a stadium in 97 degree heat and 100% humidity.
Alas, it was fun.
Hot but fun.




Mr. Bear taking in yet another ball game.



No comments:

Post a Comment